Wednesday, August 31, 2005

2 Days Later

Twenty-two years and still without fail. Rain hangs about the clouds palpably, and the humidity is strangely cool. Finally, drops spatter on the windshield, and I let out a sigh of relief at the small scattering of water on the glass while my Daddy drives us away to dry territory.

***
I’ve got a lot of people to thank. To family and friends who remembered and greeted me gratitude doesn’t even come close to how I feel for making my day as wonderful last Monday. Muchos gracias!

There are two people I absolutely have to mention here. I have no idea what good I’ve done in my life that made me deserve such effort on their part but I’m really glad they did because it made me feel really special. And it’s nice to be reminded once in a while. Two of my most favorite, favorite people in the world:







-=Nek=-

Who made me a webpage at -=Des=-













-=Ivan=-

Who, even with total sleep deprivation, half-surprised me by picking me up at work yesterday “to celebrate.”




***

The day after my birthday. I came to the office and was bombarded with warm greetings, smiles, hugs, kisses, some gifts and a Reese’s peanut butter cup sitting on my computer keyboard. Ah, the pleasure of celebrating natal days. Still, back to work—my life’s necessary evil.

***
Now that I’m officially part of Club 22 I’m wondering how many months it would take me to really adjust. How long it will take me to update résumés and other documents, or how long it will take me to say or scribble 22 without thinking twice when asked about my age. Or what does it mean to be a year older now, in this particular time of my life? I really do wonder about these things. A lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger ray said...

belated happy! birthday, des.. wow mas matanda ka pala sa'kin >:P

i moved my blog pala to this old blogger addy: http://bluefanged.blogspot.com

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, salamat po=) that's okay, i neither look nor act my age anyway=)

sige, i'll just edit my links=)

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home